Armo’s Shark Tank Report
Kirjoittanut: Xiaoqing Yang-Pyydysmäki - tiimistä FLIP Solutions.
Armo (= Mercy)
1. compassion is shown towards someone.
Armo meaning us is a Finland-based platform that offers small producers a chance to get into the international market. Our goal is to support fair, sustainable and socially responsible trade.
We want to use our platform to change the clothing industry to be more sustainable, fair and socially responsible. By doing that we want to be a part of making the world a better place.
Our business is based on our core values that work as a guideline to everything that we do and those values are:
- Compassion is known as mercy
Why this project?
- We want to build a sustainable brand that excels in areas of fair trade and social responsibility. In our business, social responsibility comes from helping small communities by selling the products of the producers from those communities and going against the mass production way of business.
-From this, we challenge ourselves to learn about sustainability, fair trade and social responsibility to the maximum.
- We want to learn more about importation and exportation in Finland.
And especially importation outside of Europe.
- We will be learning about selling to B2B and B2C.
-We will be learning about being an eCommerce business.
- We want to learn more about applying our knowledge of branding and marketing in this project.
- We believe we have a good opportunity to find our marketplace.
- Who is your customer?
-People 25-50 age range
-Tribe: Conscious people.
- What specific need the project will fulfil?
-Sustainable clothing and promotes equality in developing countries.
-Making an impact on the clothing industry.
Why is your idea/solution different from others (attempts to fulfil the same need)?
-Alpaca products: commodity products for people, our differentiation is the textile origin made from a baby alpaca. benefit:
- The benefits of alpaca are superior to those of cashmere and mohair.
- It is warmer and stronger than sheep’s wool.
- Prickle´s less than other fibres.
- Produces no allergy because, unlike sheep wool, the alpaca fibre contains no lanolin. So it is very suitable for delicate and sensitive skin
- Absorbs humidity and repels water very well. This makes that if it rains the appearance, shape and quality are not affected.
- Is thermal and insulation. This makes well-maintained body temperature regardless of external conditions. Helps combat sudden changes in temperature and retains heat but, at the same time, it is very breathable. Your level of comfort is very high.
- It has a wide palette of natural colours, something rare in other wools. And it is easy to dye.
- An important quality of the alpaca is its ability to withstand solar radiation.
- It is silky and shiny. No tarnish after dyed and washed.
- It is light and airy, despite being a very warm fibre.
- It is elastic and durable, for very fine hair whatsoever.
- It is fireproof, a property it shares with the wool of the sheep: it is very difficult to burn.
- Garments last many years and do not break, deform or wear out. Nor are affected by fungi and other microorganisms. So they are always a good investment.
- Are products that help to take care of the environment
-Products in general:
- All the products are ever-changing and come from different backgrounds.
- Also, because products are ever-changing their unique selling point is the story of the product itself.
- Our products will be symbols of “mercy” (generosity, integrity, help and hope)
- Products will have the so-called “Limited edition” effect on them.
- All our products will check the boxes of sustainable, fair trade and socially responsible.
- The platform itself is the main product at the end of the day.
- The platform will gather both consumers and small producers.
-Small producers have a chance to get into the international market fairly.
-Consumers get access to ever-changing ethically produced sustainable items.
What will you and your team learn and earn (check against the common team goals)
- Learning: About importation and exportation. Branding, lean process, clothing business, helping developing countries. Sustainability in the clothing business. Also, fair trade and social responsibility.
- Earn: Earn more revenue for our company, by attending seminars or events about clothing design, entrepreneur events, and developing equality seminars. New Grow in Tribe (https://tribetampere.com/new-growth/)
- How does this project help you to develop as an entrepreneur?
-Learning how to launch a new product on the market.
-Grow an international network.
-Understand better the market fit.
-Grow a new network in design in Tampere and Helsinki.
- How will you share the learnings with your team company?
– Project reviews
-Project check-ins in paja sessions. (Maria to Empiria)
-Innovation pajas (help and ideas from the team)
-Finding the things that we are missing.
What is the scope of the project?
-Online clothing store in Finland.
Definition of the product/service (Which elements are included in the project, and which aren’t?)
-Marketing and branding.
-Import and export.
- No included:
-Design of the product.
-Creation of the product.
- What are the deliverables, activities and benefits provided to the customer?
-High quality, sustainable, fair trade and socially responsible products.
-Product that has a story and meaning behind it.
-Information about how we helping to the development of equality in developing countries.
- What is the timeline for building and delivering the product/service?
-November (Salesday & B2B)
-Spring 2023 (B2C)
Revenue logic of the project
- What are the sources of income?
-Sells on boutiques
- What kind of resources are needed and what are their availability and cost?
-Packing and labelling.
-Web page (Instagram shop)
- What is the rough budget of the project (revenue – costs = profit)?
- Who will be working on this project? (Stakeholders)
Flip solutions osk.
Xiaoqing Yang-Pyydysmäki (Sandy)
Flip solutions osk.
- Who are the key project stakeholders and sponsors?
Stakeholders: Sandy, Omar, Maria.
Sponsor: Companies and organizations who believe in our vision project. (Startup money/funding)
- What are the main criteria for the project manager & team?
-Well-organized, devoted and focused person.
-Team members who want to use their skills in marketing, copyright, selling, branding, photography and a lot more.
-A person who shows burning passion to be part of our mission and vision.
-A person who indorses our values. (Compassion, fairness and integrity)
- When and how the project team will be compiled?
December 2022. Maria. Sandy. Omar.
What kind of expertise is needed in the project?
-Selling and website(ecommerce) building.
- Where and how to find those resources?
-In our Team Flip/ Proakatemia also team academic.
- How to get the team committed to the project?
-Unified passion for the project.
- Next steps:
-Business model canvas, Sustainable business model canvas and design thinking process (Maria, Omar, Sandy)
-Example products (Omar)
-Handles to socials inc. Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Linkr (Omar, Maria)
-Excel to accounting, budgeting (Sandy)
-Brand book (Omar)
-Product photos (Omar)
-Shark Tank selection (Maria, Omar, Sandy)
-Social media marketing (Maria)
-Public relationships and selling to boutiques (Maria)
-Editing of product photos (Omar)
-Applications for funding (Maria, Omar, Sandy)
-Going through packaging and labelling companies (Maria)
-Build the website(eCommerce) with (Omar, Maria)
-Keeping accounting in check (Sandy)
-Sales day (Omar, Maria, Sandy)
-Ecuador to meet with the small producers and ship the products (Omar)
-Sales day funding (Omar, Maria, Sandy)
-New products launching (Omar, Maria, Sandy)